Job/Fellowship Reference: PTDC/SAU-GMG/112577/2009
Main research field: Biological sciences
Sub research field:
A call for applications is open to award one research grant to a Graduate, under the Project PTDC/SAU-GMG/112577/2009, entitled " Molecular genetics of neurodevelopmental disorders: a systematic approach using C. elegans", founded by FCT/MCTES (PIDDAC) and Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional (FEDER) through COMPETE – Programa Operacional Fatores de Competitividade (POFC) .
A call for applications is open to award one research grant to a Graduate, under the Project PTDC/SAU-GMG/112577/2009, entitled " Molecular genetics of neurodevelopmental disorders: a systematic approach using C. elegans", founded by FCT/MCTES (PIDDAC) and Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional (FEDER) through COMPETE – Programa Operacional Fatores de Competitividade (POFC) under the following conditions:
1. Duration and Terms of the Activity: Initial duration is 6 months (eventually renewable), with starting date predicted for 1st November of 2012. The research activities will be carried out at the Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS), School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal and the grantee shall work under the regime of exclusive dedication according to FCT regulations for advanced training of human resources.
2. Job summary: The researcher will be part of a team dedicated to the study of neurodevelopmental disorders using C. elegans as a model. The candidate will analyze the neuronal morphology of several mutants using fluorescence and confocal microscopy. Additionally he will maintain C. elegans, perform crosses and genotype the animals.
3. Profile: The researcher should be a graduate in Biology, Biochemistry or similar areas. He/she should be extremely dynamic and capable of designing an experiment and critically analyze the data. Preference will be given to candidates with solid experience in microscopy and molecular biology techniques. Experience in C. elegans manipulation and/or cell culture is a plus, although not essential.
4. Evaluation Criteria: the evaluation will be based on the applicant’s merit, taking into account the academic profile/the curriculum vitae (60%) as well as experience in scientific research with relevance to this project (40%). The three candidates with best evaluation will be selected for an interview.
5. Juri: Ana João Rodrigues (President), Patrícia Maciel, Carlos Bessa, from ICVS. (Substitutes: Andreia Castro, Bruno Costa)
6. Communication of Results: All candidates will receive an email with the final results.
7. Monthly Stipend:According to the amounts stipulated by FCT for Research Grants in Portugal: 745, 00€.
8. Regulations: this grant is awarded under the Scientific Research Grant Recipient Statute, approved by Law 40/2004 of 18 August 2004.
9. Application Documents: motivation letter, 2-3 recommendation letters, Curriculum Vitae, copy of the degree certificate as well as other documents considered to be relevant.
10. Application: Applications will be accepted up to 15th of October of 2012. All applications must be sent by email to: email@example.com
(Publicado em www.eracareers.pt a 14-09-12)
[Se desejar manter-se informado sobre as oportunidades de emprego que surgem diariamente na área do Ambiente e Gestão de Recursos Naturais, siga a página "NaturJobs" que a Naturlink criou no Facebook em http://facebook.com/NaturJobs e no Twitter em http://twitter.com/NaturJobs]